Friday, November 9, 2018

The Patterned Paper Challenge

I have A LOT of patterned paper.

Although I have less than some people, I have more than I need.  You see, being a stamper now, I can make my own backgrounds for cards and I can even create patterned paper if I want to.  So,  I don't really need any patterned paper.  In fact, this year, I have used very little of my patterned paper.  Until now!

I have set myself a challenge.  I don't really need all that patterned paper, but I can't bring myself to throw it away and  have already shared some of my extras with friends.  I still have a big pile of the stuff.  So, here is the challenge... Use ALL the patterned paper!

I was telling myself I was not allowed to buy anymore patterned paper until I had used all the paper I have.  That was helping my bank balance but it wasn't really enough motivation to use it all up.  You might remember, I did a post earlier this year showing you some ways that I have used patterned paper on my cards.  I know we are all looking for more ways to use it.  Now, I'm beginning my card making with a patterned paper.  Instead of designing a card and then using patterned paper as an afterthought, I have been going about it the other way.  I choose a sheet of paper and then I design the card to suit the paper.  There are lots of ways to use patterned paper on cards and for now, I have only barely scratched the surface.  While I have made more than 20 cards since setting myself this challenge, I still have loads of paper left so never fear, there are heaps more cards coming!

Check these out!

This design is brilliant and was a CASE from two videos I watched. One by Catherine Pooler and one by The Crazy Paper Chick.  Click the links to view the videos and see the cards that these talented ladies made.  Here are the cards I made.
I made a similar card using a stitched rectangle die too. 

I paired this pink and yellow butterfly paper with Party Dress ink 
from Catherine Pooler and her gorgeous Simply the Best stamp set.  

These cards were so simple because all I had to do was add a sentiment using the Young at Heart Stamp Set by Casual Fridays or the Prayers stamp set  with co-ordinating die from Memory box. 





There are more cards that I want to share with you, so come back in a few weeks to see more.  There will be some more Clean and Simple card designs and a few that are a bit more busy.  The great thing about patterned paper is that it can make for quick and easy cards if you're in a pinch.

Dig into that patterned paper, and get creating!  I would love to see what you make.  :)

See you next time.