Friday, August 3, 2018

Creating With Patterned Paper!

If you are a scrap booker or stamper, card maker or paper crafter you probably own a couple of pads of patterned paper.  You might even own a LOT of patterned paper pads.  You probably have far more than you need and it's possible you don't use it that often, because it's just too pretty to cut into it.  You might not use it because the patterns don't quite co-ordinate with your card stock.  Maybe you don't know how to put the patterns together.  Maybe you just don't know what to do with it.  Or it's just more fun to play with everything else in your craft stash.  

The fact is, while you can create your own patterned paper, having some on hand can help you to make some cards quickly and easily.  There are also some great techniques with patterned paper that can be used to create some amazing cards that have great effect and make you look very clever.  I have stuck with simple designs to make as many cards as I can.  

I have a couple of paper pads and sheets left over from big packs.  I am determined to use them all.  No more patterned paper hoarding! Check out some cards I have made lately using my patterned paper stash. 

A classic and simple layout, which doesn't use that much patterned paper. 
I used nesting rectangle dies for the sentiment to make it easy. 

I just used a stitched rectangle die to cut this pattern, 
then I used my alphabet dies from Lawn Fawn to cut out the 
word: ENJOY.  

The Congrats sentiment is so gorgeous!  
It's from the 'you did it' stamp set by Catherine Pooler.
I used the same size rounded rectangle dies from Kaisercraft 
to cut the patterned paper and the gold paper. A strip of gold on the side and done. 

The stamps on this card are from Catherine Pooler
The hat and cake from the Woo Hoo Stamp Set (from a Stamp of Approval)
The sentiment from the Good Things Stamp Set.
I used dies to do all the cutting.  :) 

This set of cards was created using a set of nesting dies 
from Poppy Crafts, I can't find a link anywhere.  
The sentiment was from the Young at Heart Stamp Set by CAS-ual Fridays.

I have shown this card before, but I wanted to show it again! 
You can use paper as a whole background or for border accent. 
This card uses both.  The Sentiment was created using 
an alphabet stamp set (I don't have the source for it, sorry).
That's that then.
Happy Crafting, My Friends!