Wednesday, April 13, 2022

One Stampset = 9 cards and counting!

 Recently, I NEEDED to buy some new craft supplies. When I saw this mini stamp set, I just HAD to click "buy it now", besides this got me over the minimum to access Free Shipping!  So, I was saving money, really.  


After it arrived, I made this card and went to put away the stamp set.  



Then, I thought, I spent $5 on this stamp set.  I should be able to make more than one type of card with it.  Surely.  I mean, it has a solid circle stamp in it.  That is like THE most versatile stamp around.  I got thinking and came up with more cards.  I started simply, by just stepping up this first card I made.  I used my cloud stencil.  So lucky, I'd just bought a brand new (to me) grassy border stencil from My Favorite Things. Yay! 




I'd made two, fairly similar, cards that could be sent out for almost any occasion.  I had a circle stamp.  I decided some repeat stamping a circle with rainbow colours could go a long way.  Any big bold greeting would look great with this rainbow of circles. 


Then, that 'face' spoke to me and almost without thinking, I made this card! 

I ended up, drawing the smiley face,
because the face in the set was much smaller
and I thought it should be bigger. 


Then, two baby cards (one for a girl, one for a boy). 

I was on a roll. Surely, I could make another birthday card with this set.  Surely, I didn't have to limit myself to just using the circle.  Surely, the rays on the sun could be used to make something!  I pulled out my "Spa" ink colours from Catherine Pooler (these are more muted colours) and stamped out my very own patterned paper, which I used to make a Masculine (gender neutral) birthday card. I also played around with some other designs, but this was the best one. 

I'd made a card for practically every occasion, and I decided to go back to using the sun stamp as intended.  I tore some copy paper to mask off some ink blended 'mountains'. The sun stamp needed to be masked too, so I used the same torn paper and flipped it over. I added some blue ink around the top of the card, leaving some white around the sun, so it looked like it was glowing. This scene could work for practically any sentiment.  I tried out so many different sentiments on this card and they all could have worked.  I thought about something with "today", "tomorrow", or time moving on, like "today is your birthday". It could even work for a Graduation card, with something like "adventure awaits" or "you could move mountains".  I settled on this lovely sentiment about a "path of light" in this "dark time" to make this a sentiment card.  

Later, I was looking at the birthday card I'd made and thought... "I wonder if I could make a Christmas Card?" So, I tried it. I didn't execute it very well, but you get the idea.  


If you don't want to spend too much cash on specifically designed Christmas stamps.  You can certainly rock what you got to make some Christmas cards.  I actually bought this stamp set, because I have a large sentiment die that says "sunshine" and I thought this stamp set would go brilliantly with it.  I haven't even pulled out the die yet and I have already made 9 cards, for almost any occasion!

There are several other small stamp sets in my stash and I really need to try this with them as well.  I need to work out how I can use them and how many cards I can make with each of them! 

School Holidays are nearly done.  So much to do! 

See you next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!