Wednesday, April 20, 2022

One Stamp Set- 6 Cards!


Hello Everyone, 

After my recent post, where I showed you how I made 9 cards using one small stamp set. I started wondering how many cards I had made using other small stamp sets I have in the stash.  Mary Polanco has a small series of videos called 10 cards a mini stamp set, showing how she makes at least 5 cards with a small stamp set, then links to a crafty friend who makes 5 different cards.  I don't have that many crafty friends, so I don't really have the opportunity to collaborate this way. We all know how much I love Mary and my love of a bargain, so I have quite a few small stamp sets in my stash.  They are usually include a small image and a sentiment.  That's it.  This can feel a bit limiting and admittedly, these stamp sets are often only designed to be used one way.  Let's be honest though, we all like to stretch what we have and the best way to do that, is to think outside the box.  Anyway, here are 6 cards, I made with a small set from Catherine Pooler (of course) called ....



Started by stamping the sentiment on this card.  
I used the rule of three and triangles to 
stamp around the sentiment. I used one colour per stamp. 
This makes the stamping really quick, as you don't need to worry about
clearing off stamps in between. I supplemented this set with 
small flowers from another stamp set from Catherine Pooler's foundations box. 

This card was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest,
which used embossing powder to make the flowers sparkle
and the creator stamped the flowers very tightly together- touching. 
I simply stamped the flowers with one colour and spaced them out so 
there was room to use the other stamps from the set.  
I love the three tiny tirangles in this set.  
The card is finished off with some irridescent gems (from Nuvo)
This seemed like a very cheerful card to me,
so I added a birthday sentiment from Penny Black set. 



The smaller stamps in this set, lend themselves to some fun techniques, 
like this triple square card, which gives oppotunity to stamp
in various colour combinations and add some dimension by raising the 
square panels off the card. Finished off with a sweet sentiment and
just three irridescent gems in different sizes. 

Only two big flowers with those gorgeous tiny triangles! 
I started this card with the flowers and added the senitment last.
A craft card base provided a nice border around this smaller panel and
a few 'crater lake' sequins from Catherine Pooler finished it all off. 

We all know I love sunflowers and of course, the colour yellow! 
I used a dot stamp from another stamp set to give a sunflower look
to the flowers in thsi set.  I spaced the flowers out and filled in with 
the tiny stamps in the set. Using a fine tip pen, I added tiny dots in the 
other open spaces.  A 'friendly' sentiment from a Gina K Designs stamp set
fits nicely just above the flowers.  A thin brown mat sets off the sentiment
and the flower centers.  You could use almost any sentiment on this pretty flower card. 

I really wanted to stretch this stamp set, so I took the leaf stamp
and made this tone on tone background. The geometric design of
this leaf lends itself to this repeating pattern.  
You could add a black mat behind the main panel to step it up.


While I added extra stamps to make these cards suitable for different ocassions, all these cards would look great with the sentiment included in the set.  I just needed some birthday cards. 

Next time- let's talk about something different.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!