Wednesday, January 19, 2022

2022- Building the Birthday Stash

Now is the time to get set up for a good year. 
I tend to have a bit of extra time on my hands in January, so it's a good time to figure out if there are any special birthdays or other events I need to make cards for.  I also like to make sure I have several cards ready to go for the birthdays that are coming.  There are times when I forget someone's birthday and I like to have extras ready for that, but really we are focusing on being ready so I am not trying to make cards at the last minute when work is busy and I'm trying to prepare for parties and buy gifts! 

I started by listing all the birthdays in the family - facebook is a helpful resource here, but I also referred to previous calendars. Using a table in Word or Excel, makes it easy to make a 'box' for each month and list the birthdays in date order. If two people share a date, just write both names. After printing this out, I cut it up and glued my 'calendar' onto a piece of cardstock with a tab - one for each month. Now I have a filing system for my birthday cards. I pulled out my birthday stash and I have enough cards for most of the year already! There are a few special birthdays that need cards- I will share them next time! 





















I still have a stash of other birthday cards that I'm keeping in reserve just in case I have forgotten someone! My mum also has a tendency to walk into my craft room and request a birthday card (that she needs NOW!) so now there is a stash just for her! 

Now I'm just working my way through the list of cards that need to be made.  See those next time. 

Have a great week! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!