Friday, January 7, 2022

2021 Cards- Part 3

 The rest of my favourite cards for 2021 are here. Let's do this. 


Unfortunately, I had cause to send a number of Sympathy cards and other encouragement cards for people who were really struggling with illness or difficult situations.  I often feel quite helpless in these situations, but I hope that my words of support written in a handmade card will be of some comfort. 

These two cards were made entirely with Catherine Pooler products. 
I invested in two sets of the Mini Inks in spa colours.  These are just the right tone for sympathy cards. 

So simple- white card stock in a floral embossing folder makes a beautiful and subtle background. 
The silver and black mats, with the white heat embossing on black, are simple additions to these simple and elegant designs. 

Earlier this year, my niece had a tonsillectomy.  I went to Rockhampton to take care of her and take the load off her mother. I made this card for her, using a packet of water-based felt markers and a red rubber leaf stamp.  The sentiment and stripe stamps are from a stamp set by Catherine Pooler.  I think it might be retired. 

I made this card using an ink smooshed background.  
The image and sentiment are from a small Gina K stamp set that I bought on sale! 
It's the cutest whale ever! 





I have coveted this painted rose stamp set (by Concord and 9th) for four years!
I finally found it for a reasonable price in Australia- best birthday present ever!
The versatility of this stamp set is great. 
I can use just the outline, or one shadow layer or all the layers.  


Such a simple card that is suitable for anyone and any occasion.

More simplicity and these cards use bird shadow images from the Birds of a Feather stamp set by Catherine Pooler (in my previous card making post).
Yet another card from this awesome stamp set. 

Patterned paper tearing surrounds this big encouragement quote.
This card was so much fun to make and the design tells a story. 
I love this card.
When I showed it to my Mum (I thought she probably wouldn't like it)
she said it was very clever and she wanted to give it to a work colleague. 
I feel like I need to make more cards just like this one. 

 2022 here we come.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!