Thursday, January 6, 2022

2021 Cards- Birthdays

 Okay, I know it's 2022.  Give me a break.  

Here are some birthday cards I made this year.  I'm not going to write too much about these.  Feel free to ask any questions in the comments. In September, I bought a new (to me) stamp set from MFT  and I've had so much fun colouring the images.  They are a great foundation for some really fun cards! I hope you enjoy seeing these cards as much as I enjoyed making them. 





I also dove into another stamp set that has a cat, a dog and a bird in it.  I've had this set for over a year!  I invested in the co-ordinating dies recently.  I love this card! 


The birds of a feather stamp set from Catherine Pooler can make so many different types of cards.  See these two.  




Last but not least, I had to try out the latest trend in shaker cards where the acetate is folded over the edges of the card instead of using a frame and foam tape to make the element. Take a look. 


I loved this technique so much I tried it on a few other cards.  It didn't always work out quite as well.  I think it's important not to pull the acetate too tightly around the card, so there is room for the 'bits' to move around inside the pouch. 

Next time, other assorted cards I made in 2021. Then I will be ready to move into 2022.  Maybe. 

Meanwhile, I'm going craft shopping today! :)