Monday, October 4, 2021

October- what happened to the last 6 months?

 Hi Everyone, 

It's been 6 months since my last 'confession'.  Hahaha. 

So much has happened that I am not sure where to start. 

Medication: we tried the reduction in medication - that was disastrous - the exercise streak died and after losing a little bit of weight I gained it all back!! At my most recent visit to the doctor, he decided that we should go back to the far more effective dosage.  Reducing my workload next year is also part of the plan for getting myself back on track. 

Work: is busy and stressful and excellent and wonderful all at once.  It's amazing how some things in our lives can be the source of so much joy and so much angst at the same time. 

Exercise: I'm still doing my best.  I don't go a whole week without exercising.  My best is less than it used to be, right now. I'm also participating in One Foot Forward this month, so you will hear more about that soon. 

Family: my sister had a cancer scare and needed surgery.  She has recovered well.  Two weeks of living in her house, caring for the children and helping out so she could recover, was an exhausting experience. It felt good to be able to help.  I often feel sad at how little I can do from so far away. My nephew who moved in earlier in the year, is still here.  He is nearly ready to get his driver's license and is keen to get out on the road by himself.  He is up to a third course at the TAFE and planning to attend TAFE next year as well.  He has friends and plenty to do.  It's good to have his help - as long as he takes his medication! 

Cards and Craft: I am continuing to craft.  I love making cards and sending them to friends.  I love stamping the most, I think.  I have really enjoyed sharing my craft with other crafters this year.  The minister of my church likes to make cards and we have so much fun shopping together and crafting together.  She is so easy to talk to and has good ideas.  It's so nice to share something like that. 

Friends: I continue to be amazed at the number of people who still want me to be in their lives.  Not just the number of them, but the calibre  of them.  These people are amazing, wonderful, intelligent souls and they enjoy spending time with me! I'm so lucky to have such lovely people in my life.  

I'm in pain and typing this much so far, has made me extra tired.  I truly dislike my new health status- I have gone very far down the hill.  

That's that then... more soon... maybe.