Saturday, February 6, 2021

School's Back and More

 Since my last post, all the schools in Australia have commenced the 2021 school year.  That was a real whirlwind of surprises, stress, emotion and craziness.  All of that was before the students even arrived!  

I can't get into details - for several reasons including the fact that I don't want to - so let's just say that things have not quite settled down yet.  If only! Most of my students are lovely.  Most! 

In addition to all the stress of school starting, Shelly had to have surgery on Wednesday to remove a lesion on her back.  The lesion had been there for more than a year and she was not responding to any treatment.  The vet wanted to take a biopsy, and figured it would be worth removing the whole thing, considering the trauma of general anesthetic.  10 stitches and more than $500 later, she came home and was really dopey. 



Fast forward to very early Thursday morning, and we are taking Shelly to the All Night Animal Hospital, because she has managed to pull out two of her stitches and has shortness of breath.  Needless to say, I was late for school and dropped another $200 on that little adventure.  Shelly now has an "E-Collar", 

  


If she didn't hate me on Wednesday, she certainly hated me on Thursday.  

That is only a fraction of the excitement over the past few weeks and to be frank, it's all I can manage.  Can we just all agree to lay low for a few weeks?  No drama at school, no family crises, no vet visits allowed.  I'm getting my groceries delivered so I don't have to leave the house except to go to work! 

In other news, the Doctor thinks this is a good time to reduce my medication.  He's an optimist, I will give him that. 

On a more positive note.... My streak of exercising every single day this year is still going!  Things could be so much worse. 

Until Next Time



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!