Sunday, January 24, 2021

Did you know?

 A list of things you might/might not already know about me.... 


I'm a primary school teacher who works in a high school.  I have a Bachelor of Education (Primary) and I used to say "I wouldn't teach high school for a million dollars."  I have learned that making such broad statements is less about commitment and more about a lack of understanding life.  

I love teaching high school students. 

My nephew - number 2 - is moving in with us next week.  He is moving so he can do a TAFE course that is offered close to here.  The same course is not offered in the remote mining town where he lives.  He's 17.  I'm excited for him and the opportunities he will have while he is here.  I think it will be good to have him around.  It will be nice to get to know him away from his brothers and sisters.  

I have a lot of stuff.  Too much stuff. 

I'm working on getting rid of stuff.  Lots of stuff. 

I have another blog.  It's about teaching.  I haven't posted on it for more than a year.  You see, AGT people, you are not quite as neglected as you thought you were.  

I have a chronic pain condition which could be called a few different things.  The doctors have settled on 'chronic pain'.  Technically this is a symptom, not a medical condition, but it is what it is.  What you call it, doesn't actually change it.  I take medication and a diet and an exercise program, none of which make sense to anyone else but me.  

I'm overweight.  

I have made long-term, effective life style changes in the past and I am working on making more.  

I am smart.  

I live with my mother.  I do this by choice and have plenty of money.  I could live alone if I wanted to, but I don't. 

I like to make cards.  I like to play with ink and water and paint and see what happens.  

Telling other people that they are awesome, special, amazing and more than enough... is my specialty. 

My cat is a member of my family and I regularly talk about her as if she is a room mate and not a pet.  

My mum has worked full time for as long as I can remember and this makes me proud of her. 

There is an ever growing list of things I don't need.  

The list of things I do need, has a tick beside every single item.  

Being grateful is one of the most important steps towards happiness, in my opinion.

I've been thinking about ditching this blog and starting a new one that is about card making.  Just about card making.  Then again, I only just 'got back'.  

I have ADHD.  

Could you tell? 

I'm hungry. 

Bye.