Friday, November 23, 2018

The Patterned Paper Challenge: Part 2

A few months ago I decided I needed to use up my Paper Pattern stash.  Two weeks ago, I showed you a few cards using patterned paper.  Today, I have more for you. 

Angled Card Fronts always look so clever to me.  You really don't have to do anything much different, just stick your panel on crooked.  I do that even when I don't want to!  If you mat your panel and use the white space to add to your sentiment or for extra embellishment, you can come up with something quite special.  Check out these cards using angled card fronts.  

The sentiments are from 

"Hello" die is from 

Sentiment stamp is from the

There are some simple ways to make your patterned paper cards look like so much more than just paper stuck on card.  On these cards, I used an ink blending tool to add colour around the edge of these cards which gives the paper more depth. Looks fancy, right?  I stacked several die cut words which I coloured using the same ink blending technique.  I love these cards and they are perfect for a gift set I am putting together for a friend.  
The Sweet die and inks were all from Catherine Pooler Designs which was part 
of the Celebrate Friends Stamp of Approval Collection, not currently available. 
Ink Colors: Party Dress (pink), Flirty Fuchsia (purple) and Tiara (yellow) 
which are all part of the Life of the Party collection.
I used the same technique on this card! 
The sentiment "painted thanks" was created by Neat and Tangled for
for purchase if you click the link.




This card uses the paper tearing technique.  Check out this video (skip to 12:20) to see how you can control which edges have the white torn part and to see the card that inspired my card.  Shout out to Desiree from Include a Thank You for inspiring me.  

The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn Chit Chat stamp set 
and I used the co-ordinating die to cut it out. 

Here are a few more that I have made in the last few weeks.  


I still have a big pile of patterned paper on my craft table, so I daresay there are even more coming before the year's end.  I really need to get cracking on some Christmas cards! 

Happy crafting!  See you next week!