Friday, September 21, 2018

1 Card Panel = 3 Cards!

So excited to share this with you.  Not because I think you will learn a lot from me.  I'm just a little bit proud of myself!

I managed to make 3 cards out of 1 card panel.  That's right, people!  Paper Saving AND Time Saving brilliance at its best.  Check it out!

I started out with a piece of cardstock cut at 5 and 3 quarter inches by 4 inches.  I later cut this down to fit on my card bases with an even border all the way around the edge.  The next step is the most fun.  Some direct to paper (using Catherine Pooler inks, which are perfect for this technique), tone on tone stamping and spraying the panel with water (mixed with perfect pearls pigment powder) makes this shiny, textured background.  I wrote about this technique in more detail last month.  The stamps are from the 'Celebrate Friends' Stamp of Approval collection from Catherine Pooler Designs.

Pulling out the dies, I cut Happy Birthday (From Kasier craft)  from the centre of my pink and purple card panel, then die cut a rounded rectangle (also from Kaiser craft) around the negative space.  I also die cut the Happy Birthday die again using black card stock.

This card uses the negative space from the word die and an inlaid die cutting technique.  
I used silver glitter tape to create a border around the outside, then glued the rounded rectangle on top of it. 

This card uses the Happy Birthday die cut (isn't it gorgeous?!) and some black chevron washi tape. 
I put the tape down first and glued the words on the diagonal to line up with the tape.  
The tape is all the same width, it's the chevrons that make it look wonky like that. 
I accidentally smudged a bit of pink ink on the card, so I decided to do some 'splatters'
by smooshing some ink on an acrylic block then flicking it with a wet brush.  


After making the first two cards I couldn't bear to throw away this beautiful frame. 
So, I stamped the big Happy Birthday stamp (from Sugarpea Designs) directly onto a card base.
Then, I adhered the frame with foam tape and used some iridescent sequins so it 
looks almost like a shaker card.  I love this card the best and it was literally made from a scrap! 

There you have it.  One panel of card stock, a fun technique and Bing, Bang, Boom, I have 3 gorgeous cards for my birthday card stash! I can see myself doing this one again! 

Have a wonderful week, my crafty friends.