Friday, September 28, 2018

Another Great You Tube Channel: Coco Lime Fitness

I have mentioned before, I think, that I have a condition known as Neuropathic Pain or Chronic Pain. While my condition is not the same as fibromyalgia, it has some similar symptoms.  Basically, I feel pain every minute of every day.  I manage that pain in various ways.  If you want to learn more about chronic pain you can check out these links.

What is the difference between acute and chronic pain? 
A video about pain... 
The Spoon Theory

Today, I want to share a You Tube Channel with you.  It's called Coco Lime Fitness and more specifically, I like to use the Fibro-Fit Series.  The channel belongs to an amazing woman, Suzanne, who has Fibromyalgia and wants to help other people who live with chronic illnesses including fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and more.  She is a qualified personal trainer so she knows her stuff AND she knows (from personal experience) the real struggle of living with a chronic illness. She demonstrates exercises as well as modifications so you can adapt work outs to suit your pain and your body.

Fibro Fit has truly helped me to get up and get moving.  I can work out in my own home and know that no one is watching me.  I can control the length of my work outs by choosing a full workout or putting together a series of shorter work outs.  There are warm up videos, low impact cardio, strengthening, dance or kick boxing, stretches for cool-down or just for helping you relax.  These videos are great for those with chronic pain or just anyone who can't get to the gym, can't fit in time to run or walk or just wants to try something low key at home.  Most videos require no equipment other than a device to watch the video and a supportive pair of shoes. Some videos use house hold items such as a chair or step.  Others give you the option of using light dumbells, but you don't have to use these if you don't have them.  You can do it without weights or use two equally weighted items like cans of soup, packets of rice or even bottles of water.

If you're looking for an easy fitness routine that will help you get moving or just to change it up from your regular routine, this is the You Tube Channel for you!

I will say again... I am not compensated for my comments here and I will not be compensated.  My opinions are my own!

Have a great week! :)