Friday, March 16, 2018

The Power Went Out

Before I go any further.. Happy Say No to Bullying Day!  Bullying is bad.  Bullying happens everywhere.  Don't be a bully.  Don't let bullies win.  Be Kind.  Simples! 

Now down to business. 

The power went out on Wednesday afternoon.  I was still wearing my pyjamas and I really didn't want to put on shoes to go outside (did I mention it was raining?) to check the fuse box.  I found a pair of slides and headed out the back anyway.  I flicked the safety switch and walked inside only to discover that I couldn't fix this with the flick of a switch.  Problems that can't be solved with the flick of a switch are my least favourite!
When the power went out I had just finished a 45 minute phone conversation with my BFF and my phone was on 18%.

When you can't watch Netflix on your phone, or play games on your phone and you probably shouldn't make any calls on your phone, because you don't know how long the power will be out, what do you do?

I thought I might do some crafting. Only, it was a bit dark.  Not a great idea if you are using sharp blades!  What else to do?
I took a shower and got dressed.  Still no power.
I filled up Shelly's food containers. Still no power.
Nothing else to do..
I did housework.

Finally, the power is back on and the house is still kind of clean.

Next Week: who knows?

Love