Friday, March 23, 2018

Goals and Lists

I have been making lots of lists lately.  I thought this was working well for me.  I was ticking off the items on the list one after the other and feeling quite accomplished.  Yesterday morning I even told my colleagues that I was feeling very calm and relaxed and actually had nothing pressing on my list of things to do.  There were a few things I could have been doing, but nothing that I could make real progress on before I had to get to class.  So, I was sitting at my desk, certain that I had forgotten something.  It just isn't right to be so calm and collected in assessment week!

The bell went and I head off to class.  On the walkway, I saw a colleague and asked her, "when is that meeting about (insert student name here)? "It was this morning," she replied.  Oh dear.  I gasped and apologised.  She then told me that only one teacher (out of 6) attended and she completely understood that we were all busy and had simply forgotten.  I felt so bad.

Moral of the story: lists only work if you remember to put everything on them!!

I was going to tell you about my goals.  If I do that we may be here a long while.  Let's try the short version.

My overarching for this year...

In 2018 I will be the healthiest and happiest version of myself by making good choices for my body, my soul, my mind and my relationships. I will do my best with what I have and be grateful for abundant blessings. 

I'm not going to go into the detail of my action plan and how every step is going; not today.  Instead, let's look at this. 

Healthiest version of myself: We are doing okay.  No soft drink since 2017! No ice cream since 6 January 2018.  I have been dreaming about the ice cream sundae I'm going to have on the last day of term, though! 

Happiest version of myself: While life isn't perfect and I have lots to do, in the grand scheme of things, I'm happy! Yes, I would say I'm the happiest version of myself so far in life.  Not counting those glorious years from 0-5.  They were perfection as far as life goes... shame I don't remember that much of them.  

Good Choices for my body: I'm doing what I can.  It's not the best, but it's something.  More on that later.  

Good Choices for my soul: TICK! More on that one later too. 

Good Choices for my mind: I have been playing games and crafting and getting organised.  All of these things are good for my mind because they help me to concentrate, find things, think and not think.  My mind loves me for it. 

Good Choices for my relationships:  I think I need to dedicate a whole blog post to this one.  Suffice to say, tick.  I'm doing well! :) 

I'm GRATEFUL for abundant blessings everyday.  From the rain and cool breezes, to the chocolate brownies (ahem, good choices) and baked dinners.  I'm so blessed.

Not sure if this was shorter than the other option.. oh well, you're still here!   

Have a glorious week my dear friends. 
Love