Thursday, March 2, 2017

Cards... The February Collection

The first half of the year is a busy time for birthdays in our family.  All of my nieces' and nephews' birthdays lie somewhere between the beginning of January and the end of June.  Therefore, I make a lot of birthday cards in the first six months of the year.  My sister's birthday, is in April and two of my grandparents have birthdays in February.  The other adults celebrate their birthdays in the second  half of the year as do many of my friends.  This means that I'm making birthday cards all year round. This year, so far, I have managed to stay well ahead of the birthday card making by starting to make cards at the beginning of the month and trying to stay at least a few weeks ahead.  I had a big card making day a few weeks ago and now I have made all the birthday cards that I will need for February birthdays AND March birthdays.  I still made each card with the specific recipient in mind.  I don't write in the cards until the actual birthday (or a few days before). 

You are probably sick of reading and just want to see the pictures.  I know I am.  Here goes. 



I created this one for my niece who is turning 5 this weekend and she loves bubbles!  This was created with one long stamp, I simply changed ink pads to colour it before printing onto the card.  The pink washi tape border was to cover up the fact that the stamp wasn't big enough to fill the whole card!   She also happens to LOVE pink so it all worked out. 


I think this card is puurrfect for a cat lady.  Hence, I made it for Nanny who taught me that every lady is happier when she owns a cat!  As you can see, Shelly was very "helpful" during the making of this card.  Hehehe. Just a side note, Poppy also had a birthday in February, but I already showed you his card because I made it in January. 

This next card was inspired by some cards posted on Make and Takes, click here to see the how to.  I saw these cards on Pinterest and there were other 'cakes made from washi tape' creations on Pinterest too.  Sweet Living included this idea in their 10 fabulous ideas for using Washi tape where they decorated plain white paper then used it to wrap a wedding gift! This card will go to my nephew for his 17th birthday at the end of March. 


Last, but certainly not least, this flower birthday card was created for my niece who turned 11 last week.  The large flowers that were layered to make the middle flower were part of a pre-cut packet I bought.  I made the smaller flowers using a small flower punch.  I layered these too and added a gem in the centre of each.  Of course the corner is just a few strips of co-ordinating washi tape.  Easy!  :) The sentiment was a mix of two "Happy Birthday" stamps.  I tried this after hearing from the BFF that it's cool to mix fonts in your sentiments now.  So, I'm very 'in' and very 'now' and I'm down with it.  Ha, Ha, Ha!


I hope your creative juices have been squeezed out or maybe you are just enjoying the pretty!  Remember you can check out my two Pinterest boards where I pin my creations as well as and lots of cards and other crafts that I see around the place and want to save for inspiration.