Friday, March 10, 2017

A Capital Idea

A few years ago, it must have been years, because I don't remember writing it... I wrote a new bucket list. I found it recently.

One of the items on the list included a Capital Idea... I wanted to visit all the capital cities of Australia.  This is one of the reasons that my goals for this year included Seeing Melbourne IRL"  (For the less techlingo savvy of you, IRL means In Real Life).  For several reasons, that are very boring, I was actually thinking about changing my destination for the upcoming trip that I was planning (to Melbourne).
There are lots of lists like this online.. just checkout Pinterest!


I started exploring the idea of Adelaide... visiting the city of Adelaide.  I think it will be the perfect place for the type of holiday I need right now.  The thing is, I need a quiet, peaceful, but still fun, sort of holiday and I think Melbourne might be a bit too much hustle and bustle for the moment.  I will certainly go there, just not in April.  While exploring travel blogs and articles focused on Adelaide (and of course Pinterest), I also thought about Perth.  I can't decide.  I think the weather will be a big deciding factor for me. 
Don't you reckon this screams "perfect holiday for M"
Dusk at Thorngrove Manor in Adelaide

I started a new Pinterest Board this week called "Holiday Dreams"  and I'm pinning like mad.  If you check it out, or if you are a follower, you will see that there are all sorts of pins from travel tips, packing tips, day trip ideas, itineraries, activities for several Aussie cities and even a few international capitals.

So, there it is, my Capital Idea.... I want to visit capital cities- first Australia, then, the world!

I can't wait!

I forgot how much was involved in planning a getaway!  Back to the 'grindstone'.