|Do I look ready to go back to school?|
I thought I’d devote today's 10 things to BACK TO SCHOOL ESSENTIALS. This is a teacher one I'm afraid. Perhaps a non-teacher back to school list could be for another time. Anyway, these are the things that I have either purchased or checked that I have ready for this week's inevitably return to the classroom.
1. Comfortable shoes: I haven’t worn proper shoes for at least a week and my feet are quite miffed with me when I am pulling on the runners in the morning. But they are far more comfortable than heels.
|My "comfortable" shoe|
3. Pepsi Max: some people drink coffee, I drink Pepsi Max.
4. Pens, pencils and other miscellaneous stationery. It is time to do a check and stock up. May I also add, if you are a parent or guardian of a kid in school this is a time for you to check that all the supplies are stocked up as well. Just because we are heading towards the end of the year, does not mean we don’t need pencils any more. In fact, term 4 is probably the busiest and we will be working right up to the last day!
|Check that the stationery will last until the end of the year.|
6. “Healthy” snack food: mostly pre-popped organic popcorn, crackers, cheese and nuts. Gotta have something to nibble on when the mid-afternoon munchies hit.
7. Fresh pillowcases/ tea towels: I have a kitchen area in my classroom/ staffroom and while I try to stay on top of the laundry, it doesn’t always happen. The new term is a perfect opportunity to bring to school freshly laundered tea towels and of course a new pillowcase for my nap area.
8. Plastic cutlery, cups and plates. It might not be great for the environment, but in the early weeks of term (and the late weeks for that matter), it helps to know that you don’t have to do the dishes in the staffroom before you go home.
9. A brand new pair of socks. You can never have too many pairs of socks in my opinion.
|They have to have stripes or polka dots.|
Oh Dear! It is only day two and I’m already desperate for a day at the spa! Oh well, only 10 weeks to go!