Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The last week

It is the last week of term.  We are all counting down to the two week break.  Teachers and students alike are very tired.  My colleagues and I are finding that assessment is either not submitted or thrown on the desk in front of us in a rather haphazard pile of papers.  Students are settling for "near enough is good enough" and do not seem too perturbed by their teachers' disappointment.  This leads me to ask why.  What has happened in the last few weeks/ months that has resulted in such a widespread attitude of indifference?  I don't know the answer to this.  I don't know how to solve the problem.  My only idea is to ride the wave to the weekend and hope that next term will bring with it a renewed energy of learning.  My teaching team mate and I are planning on sitting down over the break and devising a new game plan.  We have resolved to rebuild our classroom atmosphere and discipline.  I am spending plenty of time on the edublogs about the place and collecting every idea small and large.  We are going to sift and sort and organise until we come up with something that works for us.  When we have it, I will share it. 

While I have many other things to share with you, they all seem  to be morphing into a huge jumbled mess.  You will all have to wait until the holidays for me to untangle the brilliance in my brain so that I can share it with you. 
I will say that there has been learning happening in my classroom.  Little miracles happen everyday.  Teachers are moving onward and upward.  Books are beckoning.  Sleep comes and it goes.  Friends are few but fabulous.  Family is loud.  Life goes on. 

On that note....
:)M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!