Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Trying New Things

I have finally come to the realisation that New Years' Resolutions are a waste of time.  I'm sure there is a really fantastic statistic that supports my hypothesis that the most resolutions are out the door and down the toilet by February, but as most statistics are made up, we won't go there.  However, I was taking my morning walk today  and it finally dawned on me.  This unpaid holiday/ medical leave/ stress leave/ sabbatical (whatever) of mine has been a perfect opportunity to try new things.  I have already tried some different things and had a go at some old things during the last three months, but I have to admit, I have hit a bit of a rut.

It's not a resolution, but perhaps a goal.  I am going to try and do/learn something new each week.  I already learn new words but I want to learn other things too and have a go at them.  I am already learning so many things and have been doing new things or revisiting favourite past times. But the doctor did tell me to "Pace" myself!

This blog is one of my new things... I am already learning so much about the internet and technology just by jumping into this "cyber fire."  While some may think that it isn't such a big deal and others may wonder why I'm bothering, it is a huge step for a techno-phobe to be doing what I'm doing.  I wanted to do something for myself and prove to myself that I'm not useless.  It worked!  That's that then.  For all of you who have questioned my motives... not that I have to answer you.... that is why I do this.  That is why I enjoy it.

Again my brain is in overload with news and stories to write.  I think my drafts folder is going to have some new items tonite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!