Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Church Chatter Part Two

Hands off that mouse buddy!  I'm going to stick to the plan and tell you my story today.  I promise!

So last week at Church it was the first Sunday morning service of the year.  As you would expect there was a great deal of excitement in the air.  As you can also imagine, the Christmas celebrations (common in a Church) and  New Years activities had resulted in the hall being rearranged a little bit.  So, the service progresses as usual until it is time for the offering.  The piano begins to play a beautiful song called "Now I belong to Jesus" and the usual people rise from their seats and head towards the front of the hall to collect the offering bags and distribute them.  All of a sudden everyone who was on their feet froze.  The pianist (not knowing what was happening) continued to play.  Everyone looked about curiously, when finally someone said, the offering bags aren't here.  Well, they were quickly located (behind the piano!) and distributed and the piano and organ played an extra verse to make up for the delay.  Maybe you just had to be there, but I was in absolute stitches.  I laughed out loud and my mum whacked me on the leg saying "ssshhh."

This brings me to story number two... you will like this one!  It also involves offering bags and my mother whacking me.  So yesterday, we are at Church and for the first time in like forever (totally), Mum, Dad and I were sitting together.  The offering was announced and the piano began to play (sorry I don't remember the name of the song, maybe I have selective amnesia) and the bags were collected from the front and distributed.  The bags are passed along the row and then to the row behind who passes the bag back towards the centre aisle and the "steward/usher/whatever" takes the bag and passes it to the next row.  Anyway, the bag comes along our row and Dad and I both put a few coins in the bag and mum lifted her arm to pass the bag to the row behind.  In the process she whacks me in the head with the bottom of the offering bag.  That thing had lots of coins in it!!! I rubbed my head and Mum covered a smirk as she apologised.  I had a headache for the rest of the day.... still considering the possibility that she did it on purpose!

True Story! You can't make this stuff up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!