Saturday, April 1, 2023

Recreating Cards #3

 I loved these two cards that I made in 2021 



This card design is actually quite easy to pull together. The coloured piece is made by ink smooshing and then some repeated stamping with a co-ordinating ink colour and a complimentary ink colour. I used a border die to cut the panel in half and make two cards. Adding a cake image that I coloured and a fun sentiment, finishes this card off. 

I recreated this card using a purple ink smooshed panel and a different border die. I had more cake images, but I tried different sentiments and sequins to see how I liked that. This layout works with the coloured panel at the top or the bottom, which is great.  I like that I can get some very different looks from such a simple layout. 




I loved this so much, that I decided to try this again with a different stamp set. Stars look great on anything, right?! The big scripty sentiment looks so cool in the space. You could fill the space with other images like a plate, a party hat, balloons or a critter. I just love big sentiments! 



What I love about these cards:
- It's an easy layout that will work for both genders.
- I can use my big sentiments or smaller ones with more images.
- I can use my small stamps to make backgrounds.
- Uses my coloured images without having to make a 'scene' card. 
- I love that it's a two for one type of card. 

What I learned:
-I could make this card using patterned paper
-Some border dies look better than others when used to cut a panel
-Using the border die on an angle is more forgiving and looks way better than trying to get it straight. 

Everyone needs an opportunity to eat cake, in my humble opinion! 

Happy Crafting! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!