Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Clean Up and Create

I made these cards while cleaning my blending brushes! Using the residual ink on the brushes I managed to make these gorgeous cards.  The images were already coloured and cut out, so it was really easy to put these together. Unbelievable, right? Check these out. 

Using residual ink from your blending brushes, gives a
soft and cloudy look to the background.  Blending through a stencil,
makes it easier to cover the whole background. 
This panel is a bit smaller than the front of the card, so that helps too. 
The image and sentiments are from a My Favourite Things stamp set.

Th feather is ink blended through a stencil, using
a mix of ink on my brushes.  I don't remember which colours. 
There was still ink on my pink brush, so I added soft shadows 
around the edge of the panel as well.  Again using a smaller panel helps. 

After stencilling a more vibrant rainbow background,
I made this softer one using the residual ink on my brushes.
The yellow ink ended up a bit green, as it mixed with the blue ink,
but it still looks cool, right?
White heat embossing on black cardstock is the perfect 
compliment to this cheerful background. 

These cards were inspired by Amy from Amy's Wares, who often uses the residual ink on her blending brushes when she is creating.  Check out her blog and videos. Thanks for the inspiration, Amy!

Happy Crafting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!