Sunday, January 30, 2022

Two cards for Kids

 I've been on a bit of a roll with the 'numbered' birthday cards. Threw this card together thinking I was making it for a young friend of mine. 


Do you think it says, 50?  Let me know if the comments! The family asked me why I made a "50" card for a 5 year old! It's clearly not a zero- spoken as a true Maths teacher. 

Anyway, I'm then talking to my young friend's mother and I realise that this girl is already 5!  I was supposed to make her a "6" year old card!!! Can you believe it? So, I got texting to try and find a family member who might be turning 5.  I'm not good at keeping track of ages.  My Aunty told me her granddaughter is turning 5 in November... so I'm really ahead of the game.  She then tells me, a different granddaughter is turning 6 in a few weeks, she would love card for her.  I cam up with this... 


It was so much fun making this card!  I love the pastel type colours from Catherine Pooler's Spring Fling collection of ink.  The cake stands out so beautifully.  I know this little one likes chocolate, so I'm sure she would love this cake!  I sent it off in the mail the very next day.  Hopefully it gets there in time! #tickticktick

2 Bonus Cards

Talking about last minute 'birthday' realisations. We received a phone call the other day from a dear old friend of the family, known as Aunty Jo.  She's not really our Aunty, but she was Nanny's best friend since childhood.  She's family.  She was calling to check in, but also to get my Uncle's postal address because she wanted to send him a 60th birthday card!!! What, he's 60?!  OOPS! I had already made a card for him - it did not have a 60 on it.  My mother insists on sending numbered cards for people who are having a '0' (zero) birthday.  Then Mum says, "oh wait, his wife is turning 60 in a few weeks too!" 

So, I'm about to start back at the busy-ness of school and I have to make two (that's right, two) 60th birthday cards.  I usually put a lot of pressure on myself with 'big' birthday cards (#a0makesitbig). First thing to do, considering the time crunch, take the pressure OFF.  I planned out and made these two cards in a few hours.  First one has been sent... it was late, but that's because my mother didn't post it on the day I gave it to her!  She had one job! 

Take a look. 

My uncle loves music- he played in a Beatle's cover band!  
I asked him what his favourite colour was and he said, "Purple".
I was like, "you mean like Purple rain or Deep Purple.  
He said, 'Deep Purple." Cue: Smoke on the Water riff. 

 

According to my Uncle, my Aunty likes "Pink". 
I really hope he meant the colour and not the singer! 

At least I'm getting A LOT of use out of my Altenew bold numbers dies.  They were quite the investment.  #totallyworthit #priceless #pink

Happy February! 

See you next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!