Friday, April 12, 2019

Postcards from... Biloela

Good Morning Friends, 

You are probably wondering, 'Where on Earth is Biloela?"  You're not alone.  In fact, I didn't know (nor did I care that much), where it was.  I had no desire whatsoever to visit this little Mining Town, south west of Rockhampton.  That was, until my sister and her husband packed up their bus, kids and two dogs to move here.  Now, I'm happy to take a 6 hour drive through country Queensland, just to see them for a few days.  My sister is a lucky lady.  I wouldn't drive that far for just anyone's 40th birthday.  Her present is My PRESENCE! 

Let's check it out on the map.... 




It's a beautiful place and the people I have met so far are kind and have a great sense of humour.  You have to have a good sense of humour to have a conversation with me.  He he he.  Check out this website for more info about this country town.  

Here I sit, at the small table in the ensuite 'villa' (read: converted container where sitting at the kitchen table is also sitting on the bed), tapping away on the keyboard and listening to a gameshow re-run on the TV (which is perched atop the fridge).  We went for a walk this morning and had breakfast at one of the two bakeries in town.  Now, I'm ready for a nap.  
Callide Dam


We have a big weekend planned.  Today, we are babysitting.  We're hoping to check out the famous dam and take the kids to the art gallery.  At some point, my brother-in-law will take me out for 'coffee', I hope.  Tomorrow we have a birthday party for my niece who is turning 5 in May.  Yes, I know we are very early, but the birthday girl wants me at her party so she has to have it when I'm in town.  I will tell you all about the party over the coming weeks.  Stay Tuned for that. 

On Sunday we are having lunch with my sister for her 40th Birthday.  :) On Monday, we are heading home!  Then we will need a real holiday!

Next week, I will have some "Road Trip" tips for people with Chronic Pain and their carers.

Do you want to know what craft supplies I packed for this epic 5 day hiatus from my craft room? If you were going away for a few days or a week, what would you take with you? Would you take anything? More on that later.  

Happy Weekend!