Friday, February 1, 2019

Why Pause?

I sort of explained why I chose the word "PAUSE" when I introduced it to you in January.  Today, I want to go deeper.

What does the word "pause" mean to me?

When I read or hear the word, I see those two parallel lines that we use as a symbol on remote controls and electronics - the pause button.  Wouldn't it be the best thing ever if we could all press the pause button when we needed a moment to ourselves? Note to self: great novelty gift for Christmas.
Source

One of the other great things about the word, "Pause" is that it's a VERB. It's something that I am going to do.  The BFF has chosen a word this week and her word is "abide".  She said, "I'm a do-er" and I need to be specific about what I'm going to do.

Of course, if you choose a noun or even an adjective like Kindness or Less, that's absolutely fine.  You might need to think about how you will live Kindness or live with Less.  How do you live Pause or live Abide? … Well, you actually do it.  You Pause!  You Abide!  If your word is a verb, it's a bit easier to know what you have to do.

The word Pause is about self-control, taking time to think and pray, giving myself permission to think before I speak or act.  The great thing about Pausing is that it allows you time and space to rest, but it doesn't give you the option to give up.  It's not over, it's just paused.  Sometimes, pausing is about waiting; about pressing the pause button on life or our plans and waiting for the right time to press play. Rachel Wojo has a 30 day reading plan about the Purposeful Pause and God's perfect timing.  You might want to check it out here.

I hope this helps you to understand why I chose the word, Pause.  I hope you have found your own word and you are beginning to live it.  What is your word and why did you choose it? What does it mean to you?