Friday, February 22, 2019

A Great App: You Version Bible App

The You Version Bible App actually changed my life.  It really did.

Before this app, I had several Bibles (usually gathering dust) on my shelves.  I bought devotional books that I struggled to complete.  My medical condition, of chronic pain, affects my neck, back, arms and wrists.  That means it's hard to hold a traditional Bible.  It's hard for me to carry a Bible to church.  We won't even start to talk about the way my chronic pain makes it difficult for me to develop and maintain good habits.    I wasn't interacting with God's word meaningfully or regularly.  I tried, I really tried, I was just unsuccessful.

I downloaded the You Version Bible App from Google Play Store and started using it.  Eventually, I found myself reading the Bible everyday and engaging in it like never before.  There are several features this App offers that make exploring my Bible and learning more about God so easy.

1. Versions

This app has capacity for you to download one of many Bible versions, including the Old King James all the way to The Message and Good News.  You don't have to download all the versions, you can access any of the listed versions with Internet access.  Viewing a range of versions is really easy too.  After looking up a scripture you can read it in any of the available versions, but tapping on a drop down menu and then tapping on the version you want. You can do this as many times as you like and you don't have to look up the scripture each time. It just finds it for you.  I LOVE this feature!

2. Verse of the Day

Everyday when you open the You Version Bible App, a verse of the day appears with references.  You can also share the verse on various social media sites with a choice of background images.  I know my cousin often shares the verse of the day on her Facebook page.

3. Bible Habit Tracker

This App tracks how many days in a row that you have opened the Bible App.  This was really helpful for me when I was trying to develop my habit to become daily. The App notifies you when you've had a perfect week and month.  You can view this information in the form of a graph or table.


4. Reminder

Using this app, you can set reminders on your phone, so you don't forget to read your Bible.  I don't need this feature anymore, but I think it's a great option for when you are starting the habit.

5. Bible Reading Plans

The You Version Bible App has hundreds of Bible Reading Plans ranging from 3 days to 365 days. Plans are organised by topic with a search option. Most plans include commentary as well as automatic look up of the referenced scripture verses.  It means that, regardless of how sore and tired I am, I only have to hold my phone and tap through the steps of the plan for the day.  I can also read the verses in different versions to help me understand the verses.  I don't need two or three or more books and I don't have to spend time looking for chapter and verse.

I am also really loving the option to 'read with friends'.  I can invite friends to read with me and there is a 'chat' feature at the end of each day within the plan so each group member can comment about the day's reading. We can summarise the scriptures, ask questions, apply principles to personal situations and share our own thoughts on the scriptures covered.

This App is awesome. It has some great tools and functions.  I don't even use the app to it's full capacity and I'm loving it.  I use this app every single day.

What do you use that helps you to maintain a daily Bible reading habit? Please share it with us in the comments.

Bless You!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!