Friday, December 28, 2018

Almost the End of the Year

Wow, the last week went quickly.  
Visiting relatives, attending church, volunteering, more church services, wrapping gifts, cleaning, Christmas Eve traditions, the BFF's Birthday and Christmas celebrations, opening gifts and family fun have kept me busy! I almost forgot to write and post today.  

I've really been enjoying hanging out at home with my mum.  Don't tell her that.  

Our Christmas Day was wonderful. I woke up early, (thanks to Shelly) and went for a walk around the neighbourhood. It was nice to be outside and have a chat with God as I walked along.  I to the end of my street and smiled as I heard children calling out to their parents, or squealing with delight as they opened their presents. I also did a lap of the park.  It was quiet there. When I got home, I woke up my Mum so we could have breakfast together and exchange gifts.  Then we got dressed and headed off to church.  It was so nice to see my Church family and worship together with them on Christmas day.  There were several years when I didn't get the chance to do that and I really appreciate it when I can.  Mum and I had lunch at the local Football club, which was delicious.  We drove along the beach and then spent the afternoon watching Christmas movies and playing board games.  We both managed to fit in a nap too. It was low key and absolutely perfect for me.

While there are a few things I would have liked to do, I did everything I needed to do. 

Today, we will have a "Christmas Lunch" gathering at my sister's house and exchange gifts with my nieces and nephews.  I am excited to spend the day with them, eating, playing games and just enjoying each other.  That's what family gatherings should be about, in my opinion. 

What are you doing during this crazy week between Christmas and New Year? Working? Sleeping? Reflecting? Planning? Looking for a Calendar? Let me know in the comments. 

Merry Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!