Friday, August 31, 2018

A Great You Tube Channel- How to ADHD

I have ADHD.  I didn't find out that I had ADHD until I was in my mid-twenties.  When I finished the checklist and realised that I had lived with this neurological condition, my life suddenly made sense!  All the trouble I had concentrating, focusing, remembering, maintaining relationships, managing my emotions and all the rest of it, finally had a real reason behind it.  I also had the privilege of working with some awesome adults with ADHD and they showed me that my mind is brilliant and I should be proud of what I had already achieved.  They helped me understand that I had already developed some great strategies for success in the classroom and life.  They had developed some great strategies too and we shared them.  It was so liberating for me to realise all this.  

I'm not sure how I found How to ADHD... I probably fell down a You Tube rabbit hole.. but I only watched one or two videos and before long, I was hooked! The host, Jessica, is an amazing woman!  She has ADHD and (for various reasons) she created this amazing You Tube Channel. I think she can explain it far better than me.  Check out her About Page on You Tube here.  

If you have ADHD you will find some well researched and entertaining videos at How to ADHD which, I promise, will help you.  The channel will help you see that you are not alone and while it can be hard to have ADHD, there are also some great advantages.  Check out this video which explains the basics of ADHD and how it can impact a person's life.  The videos can give you some great tips for studying, organising your life, getting stuff done, understanding your ADHD and how it impacts all aspects of your life, fidgets that will help you focus, medication, therapy, looking after yourself and so much more.  

If you are a parent, teacher, employer, husband, wife or friend of someone who has ADHD, you should also check out How to ADHD.  The videos will help you to understand the person you know who has ADHD.  You may start to realise that what your employee, student, child or partner is doing is actually out of their control.  You might learn a bit more about them and how you can help them or even help yourself live with them.  

I love How to ADHD and I have found it very educational, for me as a person with ADHD and as a teacher of students with ADHD.  I am a better person and I am a better teacher just from watching some videos and that's AWESOME! So, Jessica- if you ever read this- THANK YOU! 

So, stop counting how many times ADHD appears in this blog post and go check it out! 



PS. I'm not affiliated with How to ADHD in any way.  I have not been, and will not be, compensated for this blog post.  My comments are my own!