It's 9 days until Mothers' Day!
Are you organised? Do you have a card and gift? Have you arranged to see your mother that day? Want to give your mum an awesome gift this year? Stay Tuned!
If you want to make your own card, or you make cards and need some inspiration, check out Part 1 in this series. You can also check out my Pinterest board of home made cards. Here are some gift ideas and gift giving tips to make you the "favourite" this Mothers' Day.
A REST!Whether it's her first Mothers' Day or her 50th Mothers' Day, this gift is perfect! There are so many ways you can give ya Mum a rest on Mothers' Day. You could do any or all of the following:
- Take over the kitchen for the day - cooking AND clean up.
- Get the washing done for the week!
- Make some coupons for Mum to use when she needs a break e.g. "This coupon entitles Mum to a 30 minute nap at a time of her choosing!" (click here for downloads and here for a second option)
- Give Mum a night out with her Mum. Let them rest together.
- Take Mum out of the house and let her enjoy time with her kids.
A Spa Day
I know we all can't afford to send Mum off to the spa for a full day of pampering. Some of us can't even afford to get our toe nails clipped! There are lots of options though. It doesn't have to be the whole day. Choose a treatment you think she will like and book her in. If you can't manage that, give Mum a voucher for dollar value you can afford and she can book a treatment she wants.
Is the Spa totally out of the financial question?! You can do it at home click here for some great ideas for pampering your Mum at home!
Most mums I know always put their kids first. They often give up time, money/ a career, little luxuries and Bucket List experiences for the privilege of motherhood. So, if you can manage to stretch the budget... (or you have siblings who can chip in), the perfect gift is an experience Mum has always wanted. Check out Redballoon.com and Adrenaline.com for some awesome deals on experience gifts.
- High Tea at a fancy restaurant (this one would be great fun for you to invite friends and their mothers to join you).
- A guided tour of the closest city.
- A night at the Theatre - see what's playing at your local performing arts centre or theatre (not the cinema).
- A Gold Class Cinema experience
- A ride in a limousine
- A personalised shopping experience with a stylist and voucher to purchase clothes she loves.
You can find cheaper options... like creating a Drive-in Theatre in your driveway or preparing all the fixin's for high tea at home. Click Here for more ideas.
When I say Real Photos... I don't mean digital. Get yourself organised and print those puppies out. If you really want to win the gift giving competition you are having with your siblings, you should get them framed or put them in an album (with labels). Even if you don't talk about it, you are competing with your siblings for 'favourite'... yes you are.
If you are an adult, I am about to drop some science on you here. This might just change your life! There is nothing your mother wants from you more than your time. She wants your undivided attention. Think back to when you were a kid and all you ever really wanted was some time with your Mama! Time when you could just enjoy being together was golden. Reading a story before bed, playing a board game, going to the movies, painting each others' nails or playing with your trucks were the best things ever.
Now that you are all grown up, your mother remembers those moments with fondness and wishes she gave you more of them. Don't be too busy for your Mum this Mothers Day. You don't have to break the bank to give your Mum what she really wants this Mothers Day. You just have to devote some time to being with her. Give your Mum some undivided attention this Mothers' Day and you will be the favourite, for sure!
Now, Get scheduling, Get reading or printing or creating or whatever, but Get to it!
I hope your Mothers Day is Magical.