Friday, September 29, 2017

I knew there was something I had to do today

I was lying on the lounge, in my pyjamas, thinking that there was a lot that I needed to do that day.  I only found it mildly disturbing that I couldn't remember any of the things I needed to do.
"I should get off the lounge and get dressed" I was saying to myself when I heard a knock at the door.
I dragged myself off the lounge and staggered to the door as I tried to work out who could be rudely knocking on my door at 9:30am.  The light from outside almost blinded me as the face of my grooming lady also came into view.  It took me a moment to realise who she was.  Gasping, I said, "oh no! I completely forgot you were coming."

I called to Shelly and walked outside to try and find her.  She looked at me quizzically and stalked back into the house.  When she saw my groomer, she started to bolt.  Shelly did a few laps around the house, ducking behind armchairs and diving under tables, all the while chased by me, in my pyjamas. She finally settled in under a wardrobe in our garage, that was surrounded by several large boxes of sheet music and electrical items.  There was no way I was getting to her.  Defeated, I left her alone and rescheduled.

An hour and a half later, I emailed my sister to tell her this story and ended it with ...
Shelly is still under the wardrobe and I am still in my PJ's.

My sister replied with a laughing emoji and "You just made my day."

I hope I just made yours too.