Friday, September 22, 2017

Goal Update

Let's see how I'm going with my goals for this year.

This Year, 2017, I will…

Quit… eating because I’m bored, sad, angry, frustrated or confused.

It's holidays again!  Woo hoo!  I'm doing very well!  :)

Eat…   three balanced meals and two snacks at least 6 days a week. 

I'm doing okay with this one.  It was hard to make good choices and keep track of balanced meals when I got the flu.  It took a little while to get it together after that too.  I'm doing okay. 

Start… exercising for 30 minutes, at least 4 times a week.

I've been doing more incidental exercise and now that I'm on holidays, again, I have started a new walking routine.  Ask me next month!

Visit… family and/or friends once a month.

Totally on track!! Woo Hoo.  Thankfully, the family have been making an effort too.  That helps.  :) 

Accept… that I cannot fix everything. 

Gigantic Tick for me!! Insert Happy Dance!

See…    Melbourne in real life/ Capital Cities.

I know it isn't technically a capital, but my Mum and I are planning a weekend on the Gold Coast in October.  We are going to Sydney to see family at the end of this month and I am planning some fun while we are there.  I am looking at Melbourne and Hobart for next year.  

Learn… at least 12 scripture passages by heart. 

Let's See: Scripture Verses learned so far
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Psalm 23
Psalm 32:7
Colossians 1:11

Psalm 32:8

Philippians 4:19

John 3:30

Working on more...

Therefore, I'm on track! Loving my memorisation app!

Give… to Christian Missions overseas and in Australia (12 times or once a month).

I have been continuing with my regular sponsorship of a day care centre overseas.  I am saving some money to send to an orphanage in Cambodia where my cousin is the director. 

Be…   Quiet

Doing okay.  Need to do more.  Trying to keep my words to a minimum.  Is it working? 

Grow… spiritually by reading my Bible 5-7 times a week and attending church at least 3 times each month.

Being sick and Mum's glittering social life has prevented me from as much church attendance as I wanted.  It took a little more than 12 weeks for me to finish the Everyday with Jesus writing plan I told you about last time.  I purchased a one year devotional called Women of the Bible and I was going to move on to that.  Instead, I decided to leave that until January.  I am sticking with the Everyday with Jesus devotional.  The plan I'm following now is an in depth study of Colossians.  I'm finding it helpful.  I have learned so much through working on this goal.  

Invest… in reaching these goals.

Obviously I'm doing this.. I have realised that some of the goals on this list will be a continuous struggle for me.  These goals are helping me to make better choices and form good habits.  That's good.  I already knew it, but I need to remember, that some goals will require a conscious effort forever.  

Stick with it!