Saturday, November 7, 2015

Overnight with M

The girls (#7 and #8) came over yesterday afternoon for our regular Friday afternoon play date. 
When they were picked up by their Mum, I went to their house too and slept over.  Shelly thought I'd been kidnapped!!

There was so much excitement among the children to have a visitor sleeping over.  Everyone wanted me to sleep in their room!  Everyone had something to show me or tell me. After I went to bed, the older children were still getting ready for bed. Their mother kept telling them to be quiet because "M's asleep".  It didn't take long for the kids to decide that they should check.  I was laying on #5's bed setting my alarm on my phone when one of the children opened the door to check if I was asleep.  I looked towards the door and it closed.  Next thing I heard was, "She's not asleep, she is on her phone!" About ten minutes later, when I had put my phone away and really was trying to go to sleep, the door opened again.  I decided not to move.  The door closed.  Then I heard, "she isn't moving, I think she is asleep now." 
It was so hard not to laugh!

In the morning, I was greeted with smiles and cuddles during breakfast.  Then I got more cuddles when it was time for everyone to leave. 

It was entertaining, however the sleep in a different bed with limited pillows has led to a sore neck.  Therefore, I will probably not be sleeping every Friday.  Besides, you have to make sure you are still a special occasion.  Once the novelty wears off, the kids start ignoring and that isn't nearly as much fun. 

If you don't have some kids in your life, you better get some.  I'm not suggesting you go out and knock up yourself or someone else.  Maybe just spend some more time with the children who belong to a good friend or family member (which would make the children your family too).  Seeing the world from the perspective of an 18 month old, a three year old or a nine year old does wonders for the soul!

Now it's time for a nap!