Sunday, May 11, 2014

Goodness Greatness, Grandpa!

I was sitting here on my bed, just checking some emails and catching up on some yucky work.  Mum yelled from the lounge room, "Come and help me!" I carefully moved my laptop onto the bed and headed towards the lounge room.  Mum called again, as Shelly came running inside to see what all the fuss was about.  We both turned the corner into the lounge room at the same time and we stopped dead in our tracks when we did.

Dad was sitting in the recliner chair, looking quite comfortable, if not a little red in the face.  The recliner chair had tipped backwards - the chair back (usually vertical) was flat across the floor and the seat (which obviously should be horizontal) was vertical.  Dad looked at me, from his upside down position.  I looked at Mum, and covered my mouth so they didn't see my smirk.  I realise it wasn't very kind of me, but it was one of the funniest things I had seen.  Besides, he didn't look injured or unwell.  He was just, sort of upside down.  His neck and spine were supported quite well really.

Mum stood on one side and I stood on the other.  We counted to three and lifted the chair - with Dad in it- into its rightful position.  Soon after, Mum and I got Dad up and out of the chair.  

You just can't make this stuff up!
=================================================================

I'm glad to report that aside from a bit of giddiness - which he had before the chair fell backwards - he is fine and resting comfortably.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!