Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Great Contemplation Part 2

Another thought that meandered through my mind recently was about how life tends to turn out.  I certainly never envisioned a life for myself that was anything like the one I am living. 

I was sitting cross-legged on the floor, playing with Shelly.  A plaited length of wool and her long tunnel were keeping us both enthralled. Then, it hit me.  This wasn’t the plan - there was a day when all my dreams looked very different!  They included a husband, a baby (or more) and a house of my own.  They didn’t include a gorgeous kitty stealing my heart.  It reminded me of those lyrics The Beatles sang,
"Life is what happens to you while you’re making other plans.”  
Carrie Bradshaw (in Sex and the City) said that:
"In New York, life is what happens to you when you’re waiting for a table.” 
Remember the episode of Seinfeld when the gang are waiting for a table at a Chinese Restaurant – it was eventful (click to see the video).  In our family home, “Life is what happens during the commercial break.”
Now, I’m going to watch The Block!