Saturday, January 4, 2014

What to do in January?

There is a lot happening and on this, Brisbane's hottest January day in about 100 years, I am feeling like hiding in my bedroom with the air conditioning cranked to the highest setting!! In fact, that's what I did today.  I hid in my bedroom, with the air conditioning on.  It was so hot, that even Shelly was lying right in the a/c air flow and breathing slowly, so as not to break a sweat.  Usually, she finds my room a little on the 'freezing' side and either hides behind me or curls up in a teeny tiny fur ball in an attempt to stay warm while enjoying my company.  When she has had enough of that, she goes and hides under my Dad's bed.  But today, even Dad's room was too hot for an afternoon nap.  Today's post isn't really about Shelly or the weather... because a post about the weather would be kind of boring.  Challenge Accepted... but not today! 

My other blog persona is undertaking the Word Press Zero to Hero Blogging Challenge: 30 days to better blogging.  I decided that I should also do something to brighten things up around here.  We have a few choices. 

1. Do the same 30 day Zero to Hero Challenge and complete the projects twice over: once for AGT and once for my other blog.  
2. Write one story/ song/ poem by completing only one sentence each day.  
3. Use a single writing prompt tool to determine the topics/ genres that I will write in January.  

What do you think? 

Leave a comment if you have an opinion. 

I am not entirely certain that I can commit myself to writing everyday this month.  I would like to, but it is already the 4th and as you can see, I haven't had much success with that so far.  Perhaps I could aim to write everyday, but post twice a week.  That way, I should get ahead a little and that will keep us all going through the early weeks of the school year.  Did I mention that I'm already dreading the inevitable return to school and work?  I didn't?  How strange.  

Anyway, I'm thinking along the lines of writing prompts and twice a week posting for this month.  I could plan for the year, but it is probably best not to think too far into the future.  One day, one week, one month at a time.  That's that.

I will be back very soon with something  that I hope will be a little more entertaining.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!