Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Good Night 2013

It is ten minutes past eight on this, the last night of 2013.  I am sitting in the corner of my bedroom and typing this last blog post of the year.  Out of the corner of my eye I see Hagrid flopped on my bed in the shadows of the bedside lamp.  I hear a season 6 episode of The  Big Bang Theory.  The soft breeze from the Onix Air Circulator is a welcome relief from the humid day.  Shelly meows!

This year is swiftly ticking towards the next and as always, I begin to reflect.  What a year it has been.  What a month.  What a week.  What a day!

Regardless of our intentions, much can change in a year.  The best any of us can do is go with it.  I was asked today, if I have listed any New Year's Resolutions.  In the past 20 years I have learned from experience that resolving on New Year's Eve is a sure fire way to fail.  Tomorrow morning, the breakfast shows will feature experts speaking about the various types of resolutions and how to keep them going.  The latest and greatest fitness fad, diet, medical breakthrough and educational theory will be flashed across our screens over and over again.

Therefore, I am not going to 'resolve' to do anything.  I will not write a meaningless list of wishes for the year ahead.  I will not berate myself in February for all the failures of January.  I will not disappoint myself in 2014.  I will not allow the festivities to befuddle me.

Tonight I will go to bed at the regular time.  Tomorrow I will go to my sister's house.  The first Annual Family Art Day will make a marvelous mess in the backyard.  The kids will have a blast!  I will have a blast!  This time tomorrow there will be glitter in my hair and paint on my face.  I will soak in a hot bath and fall into bed with that happy exhausted feeling that only comes from having fun.  I will be ready to sleep.

I hope you party tonight. Whether that means streamers and balloons, or tidying up a room, finishing a puzzle, watching fireworks, dancing in the streets or getting to bed for an early sleep.  May your evening allow you to send out the year with a smile and welcome the new beginning with another one.

Good Night, Dear Readers.
Good Night, 2013.
Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!