Considering today is the last official day of my holidays, I thought I might review the 'to do' list and see what has been achieved. I think you will be impressed... I certainly am.
To Do this Easter Break
- ü Pyjama Day (I had two half pyjama days but they don’t count).
- ü Specialist Visit
- ü Physio visit
- ü Hair Cut
£ Beauty Day (manicure, pedicure and a massage)
- ü School Work: Unit Planning, visit to school, marking (ick), classroom stuff
- ü Trip to Edsco (SHOPPING! YAY)
- ü Sleep in
- ü Read: “Around the World in 80 Days”
- ü Read something else… anything else.
- £ Catch up with a bunch of people… lunch, dinner, movies,
- £ Take Kid #1 out for his 13th birthday... a story worthy of its own post!
£ Get Organised (that’s a bit vague, I know)
- ü Work on the blogs… set up future posts and brainstorm future ideas.
- £ “Spring” clean the house and clear out EVERYTHING!
Now, before you go getting all confused or judgemental I think a few of these need some explanation:
- "Beauty Day" was crossed out because I planned on it but my beauty therapist went on her own Easter Break and when she came back I could only manage to get in for a brow wax. I am heading over there next week and I will get a manicure and pedicure, so while it hasn't happened yet, it will.
- Catching up with a bunch of people is sort of half done. I caught up with two of my teacher friends whom I haven't seen for a long time because they have both moved on to teach at other schools. Hang on a minute, there wasn't anyone else I needed to catch up with, was there...? UUUMMM!!! I don't know, let's say I did do that, imagine there is a big tick next to that one.
- Take Kid #1 out... I am doing that tonight and you will read all about it in the next week or so.
- I crossed out "Get Organised" because while we had already acknowledged that it is vague I think we should recognise that vague tasks like "Get Organised" have no place on a proper to-do list. In other words, I haven't gotten organised.
- I sort of Spring cleaned the house a bit. I cleaned out my wardrobe and drawers and with my mother's help I rearranged the furniture in my bedroom. I am gradually working my way through the bookshelf and placing books where they belong and throwing out things I no longer need (no books being thrown out, calm down, I haven't completely lost my mind).
CLAPS AND SNAPS FOR ME!!
That's that then.