Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oh Dear, What a Week!!!


On Monday I shared a link to a Melina Marchetta interview on KBR.  I hope you enjoyed it. 

This week has been busy with school, but also with friends and family.  I went to the movies with Mr One and now Mr Six is, as I type, sleeping in my bed!  He needed to feel special, which of course means a sleepover at M's place.  So, I have lots to tell you about that, eventually.  

Last Thursday, I mentioned the Professional Development that I was asked to present and the difficulty of finding time in three busy schedules to organise it.  We managed a few meetings, although I had a few very stressful nights and a weekend of staring at a blank laptop screen.  In the end it all sort of worked out and here we are now.  I have to present the PD again next week, and I have a few changes to make before then.  But for now, I'm leaving it be.  

One of the good things that happened this week was the arrival of my book order!!! Yippee!! I ordered The Ultimate Hitch Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy (all 5 books in one volume) and I couldn't wait to jump into it.  But, alas, I have had quite a bit on my "brain plate" for the past week and it has sat patiently on my bedside table since it arrived.  

I have been reading a few Steven Herrick books to tide me over.  Steven Herrick mostly writes verse novels which are a much easier read, although each poem contributes towards the storyline.  I'm always thoroughly entertained by verse novels and intrigued by how it is done.  I like to write poems, but I can't make one poem fit with another.  I have to admit I haven't really tried that hard, but still. 

Anyway, Steven Herrick got me through and he still is.  So, Poor Mr Adams will have to wait a little longer.  I need the laugh and easy read that comes with Herrick's books.  Don't get me wrong Mr Herrick has written very serious verse novels (and regular novels) but I tend to head towards the funny ones.  

I don't have much else to say right at the moment, except, Stay Tuned.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!