Monday, January 31, 2011

I don't care

When I started this blog it had a very different purpose.  I had a completely different vision of what it would become.  In the past few weeks, I have become discouraged by the lack of response that I am receiving.  I am disappointed that I get very few comments on my posts.  I pour my heart and mind into this thing.  I share so many stories, pictures and discoveries.  I am also disenchanted by the fact that some of my closest friends and family do not read it.  They do not even click on it and glance over it so they can have something to comment about when they see me.  I know that some of my pieces are long, but I doubt that any of them would take more than a commercial break to read.  Apart from that, I add other items to my blog, like pictures, slide shows, bible verses, jokes and famous quotes or sayings.  


Today, I remembered why I took on this challenge.  I wanted to get more technology skills.  I wanted to write again (a past time that I enjoy, but rarely have time for apart from the writing I do at work).  I wanted to feel as though I was talking to someone and I wanted to feel less lonely. I am on my own an awful lot these days!


I love writing and I am savouring the opportunity I have to do that.  I have learned about the technology and I'm still learning.  I sometimes feel like I am talking to someone.  However, I feel just as lonely as before.  But  I have decided that I don't care.  


I don't care if no one ever reads it again.  I don't care if no one ever comments on my work.  I am going to do the best that I can not to mention it to my social circle again.  I will continue to write regularly, maybe not everyday, maybe more than once a day.  I am going to write about whatever I like.  I am going to say whatever I like.  I am going to be the faceless writer that I dreamed of being.  If you like reading my work, then you are more than welcome here.  If you find it a chore, then don't waste your energy.  If you would like to comment (negatively or positively) then you are also welcome to do so, a bit of healthy debate would be nice.  If you don't want to comment, that's fine too.  


This is for me.  This is important to me.  This is about me.  I make no apologies.  I am an author.  


What is for you? What is important to you? What is about you? Do you apologise? Should you apologise? What are you? Who are you?
:) M
btw:  feel free to answer these questions by clicking on the comment link, or not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!