Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thank You Day

I love alliteration almost as much as I love rhyming verse.  Therefore, I have decided that I am going to make Thursday Thank You Day.  I am going to use Thursday to say thank you for the blessings in my life.  Don't get me wrong, I am thankful everyday, but on Thursday I am going to write about it.  This week I am saying thank you for my parents.

My mum and dad are not the richest people when it comes to money.  They have both worked very hard for a long time.  However as children, my sister and I had everything we needed.  We never went to bed hungry or missed a Santa photo.  We always had the right uniforms for school.  Our hair was neat and we were clean.  We always got a gift at Christmas and we went on family holidays.  No matter what, we were loved and supported. 

When I separated from my husband, my parents took me in (and charged me board), they nursed me through a difficult greiving time as best they could.  Now that I am unwell, they do their best to understand.  Mum does her best to be with me and hold my hand when I need it. 

Mum and Dad took me to church and taught me about Jesus.  They told me that it was important to do the best I could, regardless of what other people were doing.  They encouraged me and were proud of my efforts.  They supported me through university and my divorce.  Mum showed me how to dress for different occassions and flatter my figure (big or small).  She stayed up late with me when I was doing assignments.  Dad explained why it wasn't a good idea to go to a party with teenagers who were drinking alcohol.  He explained a lot of things to me about the world, even when I didn't ask. 

They are loud and crazy and at times exasperating.  But then again, so am I! 

So, Thank You Mum and Dad!!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!