Tuesday, December 28, 2010

GGM What to write?

The week between Christmas and New Year's always sends me off kilter.  It probably sends most people a little  loopy, but there are only a few of us who are willing to admit it.  I also have so much to write about, I don't know where to begin!

Whether it is visiting family and friends, DIY projects, hitting the shops or desperately grasping at a quiet week away, it all seems upside down.  For instance, I haven't the faintest idea what day it is!

 I went shopping today and was very disappointed by the so-called sales.   There were far less bargains around than I expected, especially considering the latest news stories about struggling retailers slashing prices!  The BFF suggested that the retailers don't watch the news and therefore they don't know that they are supposed to be slashing prices.  I still managed to spend some cash and picked up a few bargains in terms of Christmas wrapping paper and decorations.  Considering that a fair amount of our decorations were borrowed this year, I decided it was worth the $2-$3 that I spent on glittery balls.  Tomorrow, I am on the hunt for tinsel!

Then of course there is the novelty and excitement of all the new "toys" or (in my case) books that one has received. I have found myself sitting on the lounge picking up book after book, reading blurbs, fingering the covers and pages, and realising that after thirty minutes I still haven't decided which book I will read.  As a result, I have finished the picture books, and am bouncing between an essay collection entitled Crazy Salad (by Nora Ephron) and the 5th book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series (Jeff Kinney).  You might think that the two books are worlds apart and in a way they are, but fundamentally they are both exploring similar themes and the human condition.  Perhaps a discussion for another day.

See what I mean? Complete and total brain overload.  I will let you know if I find some tinsel...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!