Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Critter Cards and Stencils

 I love critter cards and critter stamp sets.  They are so cute! 

I am not great at using critter stamp sets and making critter cards.  I am getting better at stamping out the critters and colouring them. I don't feel quite so intimidated as I used to when I saw a critter set. I don't have lots of critter stamp sets, but the collection is growing a bit. The thing I really struggle with, when it comes to critters, is how to use them on my card.  I'm not great at scene building... too much work babe! While I can come up with a scene and think of a great story for the critters, the time and effort to get my scenes to look right are just too much.  


So, let's take a look at some cards I've made using critter stamps from my stash. 



A brick wall stencil makes a cute backdrop for these "hot" chicks.
An action wobbler means that the critter is the star and
 the fading out brick just compliments it making a cute little scene.
I can totally see these chicks exercising in their home gyms!

Just another stencilled backgound here. 
The monkey looks like he is hanging around in the jungle. 
I didn't have to worry about trees, ground, or sky,
but this totally works.


If you want to get really fancy, use some texture/ embossing paste
through your stencil. This partial stencilling looks so cool. 
If your critter is looking a bit lost, just add a plain die cut shape behind it.

I have some critter cards with simple scenes to share with you next time. Until then, let me know how you use your critter stamps. I'm always looking for new ideas. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!