Friday, February 7, 2020

Rock What You Got!

This year, my card making motto is "Rock What You Got"!  I'm going to make cards using what is in my stash.  I have been decluttering, purging and organising this past week, which has led to quite a few discoveries.  I have found so many things that I forgot I had!  Does that ever happen to you?

Let's have a look at some of the cards I have created this year, using stuff in my stash.

An awesome Birthday Stamp Set!


These four cards were created with the balloons from the HB2U stamp set from Sugar Pea Designs.  I used some die cut sentiments and stacked them up for dimension.  This stamp set is a classic and I had so much fun making these cards.  It was so easy.  I will have to pull out this stamp set again.  On the first two cards I stamped the balloons as usual.  On the second two cards, I used a technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire which she called Swipe Stamping.  It's great for getting a different look from your solid stamps.  I dressed up the card bases in different ways to make these cards all a little bit different.



Digging in my Scraps

The green watercolour background on this card, was the product of an experiment I did last year.  I almost threw it out, but then I realised it could make a great background.  This card is for one of my nieces.  The glitter cardstock, sequins and Wink of Stella glitter pen, really made this card sparkle.  I love it.

The frame I put on this card was also a leftover from another project.  I got the flower stickers from a friend who gave me her whole scrapbooking stash.  Unbelievable, right?! A simple sentiment popped up at the bottom and some gold sequins, and Bing Bang Boom - I have another cute card for my stash. It isn't like the other cards I usually make and I really love it.


Finally, this card was almost entirely made out of bits and pieces just sitting in my stash of scraps, left over backgrounds, experiments and extra die cut pieces.  I usually find it so hard to pull together cards using these kinds of things.  It took me some time, but I had lots of fun making this card too.



What do you have in your stash that you need to pull out and play with again? Let me know in the comments!
Stay Inky!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!