Friday, March 22, 2019

Stamping on Cork

A good crafty friend of mine used to be a Stampin' Up demonstrator.  She knows lots of techniques and is so helpful and encouraging.  I love it when she comes over to my house and we craft together.  She loves scrapbooking as well, so she will work with her photos and complete layouts while I stamp away.  We have so much fun! 

My friend often suggests new techniques or new materials that I can use to make my cards.  Sometimes I embrace her ideas with excitement, other times I am a bit sceptical or maybe nervous is a better way to describe it.  I still get a little worried when I try out a new technique. Who knows why? My crafty friend suggested I stamp on a sheet of cork which gives a great look. When she came over a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a go while she could be on hand to help out.  

We chose some wood mounted red rubber stamps (because they were the most suitable images I had). I stamped them out, which was so much easier than I thought it would be, and coloured them with some felt tip pens.  The hardest part was choosing the colours and deciding which patterned paper to use on my finished cards.  Check these out. 

How adorable is this platypus stamp?! 
I used a wavy stencil to make a background for this card. 
An alphabet stamp set made it easy to create the "G'day" sentiment. 

This puppy dog stamp is a bit small, so after fussy cutting it, I mounted it on
 a couple of die cut circles and used a smaller square card base.  

I love this bear... Enough said! 
That's all for this week. 
Happy Crafting!