Friday, February 16, 2018

February Goal Update

I started tracking my goals on AGT last year and this year I am doing things a little differently. 

My overarching goal for 2018... 

In 2018 I will be the healthiest and happiest version of myself by making good choices for my body, my soul, my mind and my relationships. I will do my best with what I have and be grateful for abundant blessings. 


The plan I put together to achieve that, looked a bit like this... 
  • Prioritise my evening routine and sleep pattern.
  • Stop drinking soft drinks.  I gave up ice cream (except for special occasions) last year and I am 3 days into my soft drink fast. I can do this! It's easier to drink 2L of water everyday if you reduce the amount of other fluids you put into your body!  This will also help me to lose a bit of weight. 
  • Complete a Bible activity and Pray everyday. 
  • Stretch. 

The first six weeks of the year have been busy! Getting back to school - 4 days a week this year instead of 3 days - has been a huge adjustment.  The minister at church moved away and we have a new one.  My grandfather is in hospital.  My nephew is starting University soon. Nephews and Nieces have started high school.  I have to admit that the goals sort of fell off the list of priorities lately, so I haven't done as well as I would have liked, but that's okay. Let's be more specific. 

Prioritise my evening routine and sleep pattern:
Apart from a few unusual and unfortunate events (family!) I have managed to get myself into a regular sleep pattern and my evening routine is mostly on track.  I would like to improve it a little, but for now, I'm happy with how it's going.  Sometimes, after work, I have a headache or other aches and pains that make it hard for me to follow my routine to the letter - reading is a bit of a challenge when I have a bad headache!
Shelly's setting a good example for me though! 


Stop Drinking Soft Drink:
I am calling this one a win! I haven't had any soft drink since 1 January 2018.  That's 46 days and counting!! Go me! 

Complete a Bible activity and Pray everyday:
I'm so close on this one.  I made it to 21 days in a row on my tracking app for this one.  Like I said earlier, I sometimes have trouble reading at night when I have a headache.  I'm using my Scripture Typer App every second day to memorise and revise key Bible verses.  I am mostly keeping up with this, there are just some days when my body just won't cooperate.  I definitely pray everyday!
I am also using a Bible App that has different reading plans (they range in length from 3 days to 90 days).  I have a few plans saved and lined up for my future reading.  :) I'm working toward it. 

Stretch:
I need to do this more... like everyday!  Perhaps this one deserves more of my attention this month.  

That's it for now. See you next week!