Thursday, December 21, 2017

DIY Christmas Cards

Christmas is well and truly upon us.  Less than a week until the big day.  Most crafters have finished their handmade delights for Christmas by now. If they haven't, they probably don't have time to be reading a BONUS post on AGT.  Whether you are seeking some last minute card making inspiration or you are just putting your feet up and hoping to have some peace and quiet, I think you will like what I have to show you today.

I have handmade all my Christmas cards this year!! I didn't give out a lot... don't get me started about why I don't give a lot.  I made a few gift tags but only because we actually ran out of gift tags.  FINALLY! I am really very proud of what I have made this year.

These were my first batch of Christmas cards.  I started out by creating my own Christmas patterned paper, using the Christmas themed stamps in my stash.  They were made up of two cheap stamp sets and a Christmas magazine giveaway set.  I also used some glitter washi tape from Kaisercraft and some bakers twine that I bought at a dollar store.





This card was among the first of my creations this year.  It was inspired by these cards from Catherine Pooler Designs.


Now for some of my favourites... I created these using die cuts and sentiments that my aunty sent me.  The Joy sentiment and wreath dies came from the Winterhaven SOA by CPD (they are sold out but will be available next year).  The rest came from the Night in Bethlehem stamp and die set by Stampin' Up.  If I have that wrong, please correct me by leaving a comment.  My Aunty stamped these out, die cut them and posted to me so I could make some cards with them. She is awesome!

Take a look.



I watercoloured these wreaths using a combination of green inks and red inks in my stash.  These were Mememto inks, but any green or red dye inks would work. For one of the wreaths I coloured each of the berries with a Wink of Stella clear glitter pen after the red colour had dried.  I'm so happy with how these worked out!  Check out this video from Catherine Pooler to see how it's done.  I fumbled my way through this process and got better after making about 8 of these.


The last Christmas card I made is below.  The gifts were made with a layering stamp set from We R Memory Keepers.  The sentiment was a hand me down from my aunty and the rest of the stamps were from that Magazine giveaway I mentioned earlier.  This one was made for my uncle, who loves horses!  



That's it for this bonus post.  Tomorrow, you will hear more from me.... you can't wait, hey?!

Stay Cool!