Friday, March 31, 2017

Marching towards my Goals!

Considering it is the last day of March we better have a look at my progress with my 2017 goals.  Let's check these out. 

This Year, 2017, I will…

Quit… eating because I’m bored, sad, angry, frustrated or confused.

I get a giant tick for this month!   I am much more in tune with my feelings and when I go anywhere near the kitchen (or the cookie jar) I check myself for whether I'm truly hungry or just bored, sad, angry etc.... If I'm not hungry, I label the emotion and decide on an activity to help me feel better instead of eating.

Eat…   three balanced meals and two snacks at least 6 days a week. 

I am doing this 3 - 4 times a week, but certainly not 6 days! We have been having difficulty organising our grocery shopping (in between life) and that makes it hard to stick with the eating plan all the time. I need to come up with a better strategy for this one. 

Start… exercising for 30 minutes, at least 4 times a week.

UUMMM... not happening.  Need to work on this. Motivation has been difficult as I returned to work and adjusted to changing routines.  The heat and humidity have been hard to handle and I got a cold!  Excuses, Excuses. 

Visit… family and/or friends once a month.

This month I went to visit an old family friend in hospital.  I also went out for coffee with a school friend. I also had a lovely Saturday earlier this month when I visited my Uncle and Aunty on the coast. My grandparents arrived for a visit while I was there and another Aunty and Uncle came too.  That means I'm ahead of schedule with the visiting and that's good because I might need to take a month off later this year. 

Accept… that I cannot fix everything. 

This one might be going a little too well.  There are days when I have accepted my limitations so well that I'm rather resigned and unmotivated.  Not quite the point.  At work, it can be very hard to accept the problems and concerns that we face and accepting that I can't fix it all can be hard too.  I am working on it. 

See…    Melbourne in real life.

Since my "capital idea" earlier this month, the plan has changed a little.  I'm seeing Adelaide next week. Stay tuned for the details of my adventure. 

Learn… at least 12 scripture passages by heart. 

Let's See: Scripture Verses learned so far
Psalm 23
Psalm 32:7 (still working on learning Psalm 32:8)
Colossians 1:11
Therefore, I'm on track!

Give… to Christian Missions overseas and in Australia (12 times or once a month).

I donated to high school chaplaincy this week.  I'm looking into some Salvation Army orphanages and schools that I would like to support on a regular basis.  I'm also participating in TSA's Self Denial Appeal which will be mission contribution for April. 

Be…   Quiet

I'm doing well. I'm enjoying this.  Enough said.

Grow… spiritually by reading my Bible 5-7 times a week and attending church at least 3 times each month.

My strategy of marking the calendar has worked well to help me track this.  I'm not quite up to 5 times a week.   I average 4.  That is a huge improvement from last year when it was more like once a week.  I am on track with 3 times a month for going to church.  I'm really loving attending church again.  I missed it.
I am about to finish the devotional book that I am currently using.  I haven't quite decided which one I will use next. 

Invest… in reaching these goals.

Obviously I'm doing this.. There might be a few more things I can do to invest in these better.  Something to think about.