Saturday, February 28, 2015

8 days a week

There are days when I really don't remember what actually happened.  I get out of bed, shower, dress and eat.  Some days, I go to work and I keep moving and thinking and talking and teaching and tidying and packing up and travelling then I come home.  When I get home, I fall into bed.  Other days, I go to medical appointments, shop for groceries, go to church, prepare lessons, complete paperwork and attempt to catch up on school work.  At the end of the day, although sometimes it's in the middle, I fall into bed and sleep overtakes me.  

Is that 8 sentences yet? 

Between the family, the friends and the work (none of which I am handling all that well) there doesn't seem to be time for blogging or any formal sort of reflection.  My days are long and sometimes fuzzy.  I move through each day... one step at a time... one task at a time.  Far from "on top of it" I am not nearly high enough to be on top.  

A wise woman once said, "You eat an elephant one mouthful at a time."

I was trying for one sentence at a time.  I feel a failure. Not to mention the fact that now I'm hungry.  

Do elephants taste like chicken?