Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Irony



Today I officially joined the local gym.  It replaced a DVD rental store about 2 months ago, which I thought was kind of funny.  This reveals the twisted nature of my sense of humour.  Anyway, the new gym is literally right next door to McDonald's!! Again, I find this amusing.  The real clincher was what happened during my work out today.  


I was walking my heart out on the treadmill at the gym this afternoon.  Bear in mind that I probably looked like this..

On the television in front of my treadmill was a cooking show.  So all I could see was this...



This, my friends, is an example of irony! 


Over the past two days I have spent a lot of time with 3 of my nephews and 1 of my nieces.  There was a lot of laughing and tickling and chuckling and giggling and unfortunately there were a few tears as well.  But, I suppose that is just the way things are sometimes.  But I hope that explains my holiday absence.  I changed my plans for the family which is more important than anything else.  

Right.  Time to go.   








2 comments:

  1. What torture! Looking at cheesecake while burning off the last one you ate! Good for you for getting up and moving around. I am trying to do this more too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't too bad, I just had to laugh!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!